We are living in a time when 30% of birthing parents are upset by their birth experience. More than 15% of moms (and 10% of dads) end up suffering from Post Natal Depression and approximately 9% have Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD).
These numbers are not ok!
The industry must change, and it starts with parents showing the world what birth can be. We need more education for parents on how our bodies should work during birth. That our bodies work in harmony with our babies and not against each other during labor. That pain is not a necessary part of labor. And most importantly, how to remain calm when things don’t go to plan. HypnoBirthing®, I believe, is that all encompassing education that parents need in order to give them the best chance at avoiding the negatives in childbirth.
Some of The Great HypnoBirthing® Benefits:
• 80% fewer requests for pain medication
• 50% less epidurals
• 45% reduction in cesarean sections
• Shorter labor by an average of 3 hours
• Decreased use of artificial induction
• Fewer pre-term and low-weight babies
• It reduces or eliminates fatigue during labour, leaving the birthing parent fresh, awake and with energy for the birthing
• Happier and more content parents and babies
• Babies more alert; able to nurse almost immediately
• It promotes special bonding of the parents and their baby
• Fewer cases of post natal depression reported
• It promotes more rapid postnatal recovery
• Creates an more integral role for the birthing companion
• Gives you ongoing skills in relaxation and self-hypnosis to manage stress and pain
Our course teaches you a range of techniques to manage your labor in a calm comfortable and controlled environment. We provide a full education around birth which includes relaxation and breathing techniques, visualizations, affirmations and hypnosis. Ultimately, the course prepares your mind and body for labor and gives you and your baby the best start in your parenthood journey
Grace Nolan Photography
The HypnoBirthing® program is built around an educational process that includes special breathing, relaxation, visualization, meditative practice, attention to nutrition and positive body toning. Most importantly it fosters an air of mutual respect for the birthing family, as well as the health-care provider in a traditional health-care system or an alternative setting.
5 classes last approximately 2 ½ hours each. Group class sizes are limited to ensure comfort, understanding, and well monitored hypnotic sessions. The cost of HypnoBirthing® classes includes a book, audio tracks, and numerous handouts for essential home practice.
Class sizes are limited to 5 families per session.
Group Classes are $350.00
Private classes start at $800.00 and vary depending on location and timing
PRE-REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED and a non-refundable deposit of $50 is required to confirm registration.