HypnoBirthing® Classes provide a special birth preparation. Our course teaches you a variety of techniques to help you achieve a positive birth experience. We focus on several areas including education, relaxation and self-hypnosis plus lots more.
What You Learn In Your HypnoBirthing® Class:
• Everything you need to know to achieve a safer, easier and even more comfortable birth
• The role of your partner or birthing companion in your baby’s birth
• The importance of bonding before and after the birth of your baby
• What’s gone wrong with labor in our society, why and how to overcome it
• What the Fear-Tension-Pain syndrome is, how to avoid it and reduce the pain often associated with labour
• Relaxation and self-hypnosis to eliminate fear and tension through pregnancy
• Techniques of deep relaxation, massage and visualisation during labor
• Special breathing techniques to produce a shorter, more comfortable labor
• The amazing natural design of you and your baby’s body and how they work together in harmony during labor easily and comfortably
• How to keep oxygen supplied to baby during birthing
• How to greatly reduce or eliminate the need for chemical pain killers, drugs and other intervention
• To create your body’s own natural pain relief and anaesthetic
• Natural ways to stimulate labor without chemical induction
Our practitioners are experienced and deliver an informative and entertaining course. Your birth partner or support people who will be attending your birth should attend the course. This can also include a close family member, or a friend, or also includes a doula or student midwife.
Grace Nolan Photography
We are living in a time when 30% of new moms are upset by their birth experience. More than 15% of moms (and 10% of dads) end up suffering from Post Natal Depression and approximately 9% have Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD).
These numbers are not ok!
The industry must change, and it starts with the mom's showing the world what birth can be. We need more education for mothers on how our bodies should work during birth, that our bodies work in harmony with our babies and not against each other during labour, that pain is not a necessary part of labor, and most importantly how to remain calm when things don’t go to plan. HypnoBirthing®, I believe, is that all encompassing education that women and their birth partners need in order to give them the best chance at avoiding the negatives in childbirth.
Some of The Great HypnoBirthing® Benefits:
• 80% fewer requests for pain medication
• 50% less epidurals
• 45% reduction in cesarean sections
• Shorter labour by an average of 3 hours
• Decreased use of artificial induction
• Fewer pre-term and low-weight babies
• It reduces or eliminates fatigue during labour, leaving the mother fresh, awake and with energy for the birthing
• Happier and more content mothers and babies
• Babies more alert; able to nurse almost immediately
• It promotes special bonding of the mother, baby and birthing companion
• Fewer cases of post natal depression reported
• It promotes more rapid postnatal recovery
• Creates an more integral role for the birthing companion
• Gives you ongoing skills in relaxation and self-hypnosis to manage stress and pain
Our course teaches you a range of techniques to manage your labour in a calm comfortable and controlled environment. We provide a full education around birth which includes relaxation and breathing techniques, visualizations, affirmations and hypnosis. Ultimately, the course prepares your mind and body for labour and gives you and your baby the best start in your motherhood journey.